Any good home insurance companies to recommend?

yseric

Hello guys,

I have my auto insurance with Geico and I'm very happy with them.  Now I'm looking to buy home insurance, but Geico does not offer home insurance. 

Does any of you know any good home insurance companies that you can recommend?  I live in California...:)

Thanks much

We just switched to Erie Insurance, they were significantly cheaper than Nationwide, who we had in the past.  I'm not sure if Erie underwrites outside of Pennsylvania, but they're worth a look.  We have a lot of friends who've been satisfied with them for decades, finally their nagging paid off (literally!).

I found Geico to be extremely expensive.  I was paying $150/mo for one car when I had them.  I switched to Nationwide and was able to insure two cars for $110/mo.  This was about eight years ago, maybe their prices have come down.

If you are or relative is former military, USAA has been great for me and since it is a mutual the more you pay the more you own.

Packer

+1 

USAA has been wonderful for me and my family.  Anything we can do through USAA we do. 

I have American Family. I searched quite a bit. They're a bit more expensive on car insurance but the home insurance was significantly cheaper.  Also, they're a mutual holding company so they don't have all those nasty stockholders to account to every quarter from my understanding. :P

I just switched to Amica Home Insurance.

This is like the Geico of home insurance because they are a direct writer and can pass the savings on.  Plus it is a mutual so you get a dividend check every year.

And added benefit is that they are excellent at paying claims as rated by JD Power.