The Rise and Fall of Andy Zaky

ubuy2wron

Guest hellsten

Incredible. With a bit more luck Zaky could have been hedge fund manager of the year. Zaky has inspired me to start a hedge fund and go all in on LinkedIn call options ;D

Regarding the thread title - there's a pretty big big disconnect in the rise and fall of the stock price compared to the actual company.

Yes, I'm not sure why it said Apple, when it was really about Andy Zaky.  I've changed the title to the same as the article and link.  Cheers!

Unbelievable, non pros are setting up Apple "bull spreads" on the calls?

Well, maybe it is believable...

But how could anything go wrong with that?  Everybody makes money with options?

Some guy had $400k in Apple stock and he converts his long position to all short dated out of the money calls?  He is just BEGGING to be made an example of.

I sometimes watch "American Greed" and it is amazing how stupid some of the scams are.  What is even more amazing is that people put their life savings into them!  These people work all their lives, and some guy comes to them talking a bunch of fianancial mumbo-jumbo and they say "ok, lets put all our money in it!".  These people agonize over the price of toilet paper when they are at the grocery store, but think nothing of putting their life savings into some get rich quick scheme. 

I guess P.T. Barnum was right!

Regarding the thread title - there's a pretty big big disconnect in the rise and fall of the stock price compared to the actual company.

Yes, I'm not sure why it said Apple, when it was really about Andy Zaky.  I've changed the title to the same as the article and link.  Cheers!

Who has heard of Andy Zacky vs who has heard of AAPLE. Inter net marketing 101 if you want clicks use chicks, sex sells. Sorry if the title was misleading

Who has heard of Andy Zacky vs who has heard of AAPLE. Inter net marketing 101 if you want clicks use chicks, sex sells. Sorry if the title was misleading

LOL!  No worries.  Cheers!

I read "Yellow Kid" Weil: The Autobiography of America's Master Swindler earlier this year.  It is amazing that what went on in the 1890s is not much different than what goes on presently.  The master swindler said, 'I think most people will go to great lengths to get something for nothing.'  Great lengths indeed.

To paraphrase Jim Grant, 'Financial wisdom is not cumulative' as we continue to repeat the same mistakes over, and over, again.

Cheers

JEast

Hard to feel sorry for somebody who invested 400k of his savings in short-dated Apple options because an online guru told him so. And the guru probably believed his own story and lost some money in the process. Only losers here .. Saddens me, but on the bright side it gives me at least some hope that I might be able to outperform the market in the long run:)