Paying up for better quality items

CONeal

A nice Thermostat.  Not so much to save money, though nice, but more so for the comfort and the ability of the thermostat to learn your habits.  http://www.nest.com/  Price tag runs you $249US, and maybe more as you might want to buy a second one as they will communicate with each other.  It also has wireless communications to know the local weather based on zip code and you can update changes via a phone app.

Cheers

JEast

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grass-Fed beef bought each fall. I buy enough to last a year. The taste is way better.

Where do you buy that?

I work in Richmond BC so the nearest to me is Steveston Farm. You get on a list. If you bike or walk the dike you can see the Galveston cows feed along the seashore. Aside from the grass they get about 7% of their feed from the mash from the local brew pub. A happy cow is a tasty cow.

Grass-Fed beef bought each fall. I buy enough to last a year. The taste is way better.

Where do you buy that?

I work in Richmond BC so the nearest to me is Steveston Farm. You get on a list. If you bike or walk the dike you can see the Galveston cows feed along the seashore. Aside from the grass they get about 7% of their feed from the mash from the local brew pub. A happy cow is a tasty cow.

Thanks. I will have to check out local farmers

i have a Humanscale Freedom chair that I paid up for and it's great, but since the I switched to a standing deak configuration, so it doesn't get as much use...

I highly recommend standing desks! We haven't evolved to sit so much...

I've been thinking about a standing desk.  Can you say more about the experience?

I got a used ikea fredrick desk for $50 and set it up to standing height. It took me about 2-3 weeks to adapt - at first my feet hurt a lot - but after that adaptation period, I feel absolutely fine. My legs gained tons of muscle, I walk around every time I need to think, and I feel better physically.

Initially, I wanted to get a motorized desk that can be adjusted for both sitting and standing, but I went with the cheap ikea desk as an experiment before spending over a grand on a motorized desk. I'm glad I did, because I'm not going back to sitting, so the expensive desk would have been a waste...

Liberty I've been looking at the Fredrick for a few weeks.  Do you mind posting a picture of your setup?  Also, how tall are you?  My understanding is that if you 6ft tall the desk will wobble. 

Liberty I've been looking at the Fredrick for a few weeks.  Do you mind posting a picture of your setup?  Also, how tall are you?  My understanding is that if you 6ft tall the desk will wobble.

I'll see if I can find a pic, but I'm 6'1" and never had a problem with the stability of the desk. Feels solid to me.