Online retailer Customer Satisfaction Survey- Amazon First, Overstock Dead Last

Guest Hester

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/amazon-leads-list-online-holiday-satisfaction-survey-results/story?id=15246755

With the end of the holiday season at hand, Gap.com and Overstock.com ranked at the bottom of a survey of customer satisfaction with online retailers. Amazon topped the list with previous winner, Netflix, falling down after a customer service blunder earlier this year.

Amazon's pretty great. I ordered some speakers around the 20-21st of December, and used the Free Shipping option (it wasn't time sensitive for me, not a gift, but earlier is always better than latter ;) ). They upgraded me to UPS and I got them on the 24th (a Saturday). This is in Canada, not the US.

Jup. Whenever I order something from Amazon UK (I live in Belgium), I got it 2-3 days after payment at most with free shipping.  In the last year Amazon went from something of a 5-10% to 70% position in my overall expenses for books, movies, electronics, ...

I was suprised to see Dell has a 80/100 score. There customer service can be a bit slow based on my past experiences, but maybe that is just me.

Amazon has two aspects which really impress me.

First, obviously, is selection. Amazon does not have everything, but they're close. I've used Amazon for everything from cooking utensils to books to music to sporting goods to musical instruments. More often than not, I've found what I'm looking for on Amazon cheaper than anywhere else.

Second is consistency. I've not had any orders come in late, whether shipped from Amazon or other vendors. Nor have I ever had issues with their site as it's never failed me and I've rarely, if ever, had issues.

Perhaps I'm lucky, but the experience has been so consistently good that Amazon has garnered the lion's share of my online purchases. As well, I've used Overstock a few times and found the experience to be good as well. One product was rather shoddy, but I was buying "on the cheap" and, sometimes, you do get what you pay for.

-Crip

Guest misterstockwell

I like Amazon too. However, if it is something I can get at Newegg, they are my first pick. They dropped the plans for their IPO, which really bummed me out. Maybe in 2012....