US equivalent to CanadianInsider.com ?

Liberty

Is there a way to track stock buybacks in the US markets (NYSE, NASDAQ) in the same way that it is possible to do it in Canada with a site like CanadianInsider? I know that corps report their buybacks in their 10Q and Ks, but I'd love to be able to do it on an almost daily basis, if a way exists.

Maybe there's something obvious out there, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank.

You can also set up a RSS feed off the SEC website.  Just create a search for the specific company and forms you want and you can export that search into RSS.  Each time RSS updates it'll pick up new filings.

So for example, I just went and did a search for 13E filings which is a going private filing.  I have the link below, as you can see right about the "1 2 NEXT" there is the RSS Feed, just import that into whatever reader you want and you will get the latest results of the search when RSS refreshes.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?text=13E3&first=2011&last=2011

You can also set up a RSS feed off the SEC website.  Just create a search for the specific company and forms you want and you can export that search into RSS.  Each time RSS updates it'll pick up new filings.

So for example, I just went and did a search for 13E filings which is a going private filing.  I have the link below, as you can see right about the "1 2 NEXT" there is the RSS Feed, just import that into whatever reader you want and you will get the latest results of the search when RSS refreshes.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?text=13E3&first=2011&last=2011

Let's take EBIX, which I know has been buying back tons of stock from the secondary market in the past few quarters. If I look them up on the SEC's site, I see all kinds of filings but nothing about those buybacks.

Is it possible to see individual buybacks there in the same way that on CanadianInsider.com I can see that ALS* bought back 5,000 shares on a specific day? And if so, where is that information?

Thanks.

*If you go here:

http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=als

You can see day by day how much stock the company has been buying back. That's what I'd love to be able to see for US companies -- company buybacks, not management purchases.

I don't think there's anyway to find out buyback information in near real time for US stocks.  You can get insider buys a few days after the insider has purchased or sold, but nothing like that exists for stock buybacks.

It's good to know this exists for Canadian companies, I know UK companies have to report this quickly as well.