Talking to someone over email about ideas

collegeinvestor

Hi everyone!

I am about to graduate school with an accounting degree and love thinking about strategy and the business environment. My only problem is it's hard for me to find people interested, like you guys here, in my current environment. Even asking professors for advice is hard to do--they just seem so uninterested. The average person on this board is far more intelligent than even my accounting professors.  School has been interesting but I have learned an incredible amount over the internet. I was wondering if anyone wanted to communicate with me about ideas over email? I will try to make the relationship extremely symbiotic and am not looking for a free ride. I am not a creeper and am just looking for someone that is ambitious who wants to bounce ideas off eachother (PM and i can give you my email).

Thanks again and sorry for taking up space,

Josh.

Also feel free to PM me at anytime. That goes for anyone else who doesn't want to ask something publicly. I'm no wise old-timer, but I'm more than happy to share the little that I know.

And I promise that if I don't know the answer to a question, I'll say so. I feel that's a good start :)

Like others who responded I'm open to a PM or email (you can find my email on my website linked to my profile) about ideas as well.

In addition I'd say start a blog with your ideas and ask for feedback, post ideas here for feedback.  If you have decent content you will get good conversations, at least that's been my experience.

A blog helps you focus your process, when you write something down it forces you to think it through.  In addition you have your thoughts captured for a few months down the road when you are trying to remember why you made a certain decision.

Like others who responded I'm open to a PM or email (you can find my email on my website linked to my profile) about ideas as well.

In addition I'd say start a blog with your ideas and ask for feedback, post ideas here for feedback.  If you have decent content you will get good conversations, at least that's been my experience.

A blog helps you focus your process, when you write something down it forces you to think it through.  In addition you have your thoughts captured for a few months down the road when you are trying to remember why you made a certain decision.

I agree with all that Oddball said.

I agree with all that Oddball said.

+1. I always look forward to e-mails I get from board members.

Feel free to email me any time markjr [at] easydns [dot] com

I enjoy discussing business climate and strategy, I even try to think about "web assets" and the web industry from a value investing perspective.

Just make sure you tell me you're the guy from this board so I can make the connection.