About book recommendations - Sharing

Baoxiaodao

Hey guys, I liked all the books you guys listed in that section. However, I am wondering if it is possible to actually attach a digital book to your recommendation? Of course, you only do so when you have it.

The only inconvenience living in a Nordic country today for me is the access to the English books. So I'd appreciate if you guys do this. And if you have the books on the kindle, we can probably exchange our books.

Does anyone know how to lend a audiobook from Audibles.com? I have a collection of them.

I understand. The problem for me is that I read quite a lot of books per year and the bills really add up. Last week audiobooks was for sale on Audible.com and I bought 25 of them. Books are getting more expensive even on Kindle.

The money could be spent on something else.....

Exactly. Furthermore, over time it would probably attract the wrong kind of people (n/o).

If you can't afford them (imo it is almost always a matter of setting priorities) you could always go to the library as someone here suggested.

Btw, as we all know most investing books are worth a lot more than their pricetags. Some probably saved me from more than one hairy situation or expensive mistake. I wouldn't complain about prices if you can get your hands on classics for $10-15. But that is just me.  :)

Exactly. Furthermore, over time it would probably attract the wrong kind of people (n/o).

If you can't afford them (imo it is almost always a matter of setting priorities) you could always go to the library as someone here suggested.

Btw, as we all know most investing books are worth a lot more than their pricetags. Some probably saved me from more than one hairy situation or expensive mistake. I wouldn't complain about prices if you can get your hands on classics for $10-15. But that is just me.  :)

Thanks for pointing out that. I am a Chinese and I am used to getting books for free. I can easily afford books I like, but like most Chinese, I would like to get things for free whenever possible. I do not understand why sharing books would attract wrong kind of people. A guy on this board(thank you!) just give me a website library.nu where a lot of books are available in PDF format. Are you suggesting those who went there are the wrong kind of people?

I am not saying what I was asking is right. But your comment is way off the mark, at least for me.

Thanks for pointing out that. I am a Chinese and I am used to getting books for free. I can easily afford books I like, but like most Chinese, I would like to get things for free whenever possible. I do not understand why sharing books would attract wrong kind of people. A guy on this board(thank you!) just give me a website library.nu where a lot of books are available in PDF format. Are you suggesting those who went there are the wrong kind of people?

I am not saying what I was asking is right. But your comment is way off the mark, at least for me.

Well, I'm not the owner of this board so it's not really my place to say, but I've been on a good amount of message boards over the years, including running one myself a long time ago, so I'll respond and Parsad can correct me if he disagrees. Sharing copyrighted, published books is illegal. We all know there are places to go for people who want to pirate things like books and music. Those websites run the risk of litigation and being shut down. Forums and other websites posting illegally downloaded files puts the site owner at risk (yes, the risk is small, but it is still there nonetheless - I've seen sites with less traffic than this one threatened with law suits). Also, linking to illegal sites, and sharing illegally downloaded files can also effect things like search engine rankings. In normal message board etiquette, if you want to share files, do so via private messages, and not in threads that are indexed by search engines.

English isn't my native language either so my choice of words was probably poor.  ;) I didn't want to offend you in any way.

I meant something like: If you are going to post illegal content on a forum built on highly talented and dedicated members, you are going to send the wrong signal to newcomers which could ultimately influence the level of posting quality.

It's a bit like implementing a reputation system, galeries or other fancy stuff. (Only it is illegal as well. :D) It just doesn't add value and could endanger the overall quality. Imo.

Nope.  Not going to happen.  Twcowfca is a book publisher, so ask him how he would feel about that or his authors. 

So, please do not attach any copyrighted material, otherwise it will be deleted.  Anyone found transmitting copyrighted material to other board members through the site, will have their memberships deleted with no warning.  Cheers! 

Nope.  Not going to happen.  Twcowfca is a book publisher, so ask him how he would feel about that or his authors. 

So, please do not attach any copyrighted material, otherwise it will be deleted.  Anyone found transmitting copyrighted material to other board members through the site, will have their memberships deleted with no warning.  Cheers! 

How about this...

There are a LOT of free-to-distribute .PDF files of research papers and analyst opinion on the 'Net in the realm of value investing that many people could use as a learning tool.

Would those be o.k. to attach?