Fairfax to lead group investing in Bank of Ireland

Grenville

Prem and Wilbur Ross obviously left out the key piece of information for their due diligence in regards to Bank of Ireland. They completely dropped the ball by not getting a proper rundown on Richie Boucher via Wikipedia.

Come on...

Did you even bother to read anything I linked to? The two articles I mentioned are all backed up by quotes from the biggest media sources in Ireland. Richie Boucher in his capacity as head of CEO of the Retail division was personally responsible for lending billions of Euro to a variety of failed developers and companies. I don't know how much clearer I can be about this. Do you really think the reward for losing a relatively small company billions, should be a promotion?

The Bank of Ireland stake is only small money in the scheme of Fairfax. However, I would prefer if Fairfax and the other dominant shareholders would push for a new, foreign CEO in Bank of Ireland, one that is untainted with the previous reckless culture of the bank. I know that Prem is no fool, so I am hoping that he is working in the background to give this company the leadership that it needs. It will certainly need it, as the NPA's are continuing to increase in the bank as the Irish economy shrinks.

No I did not. You will have to forgive me. I did click on the link but when it linked to a message board with the title "Richie Boucher Property Pimp Extraordinaire", I felt no reason to continue.

I also generally don't rely on Wikipedia for any information so I discounted that one as well.

My point wasn't that Richie Boucher is a great steward capital and you were maligning him, it was that Prem and Wilbur are very much aware of what is going on in this investment and I am willing to bet don't use Wikipedia to do their due dilligence.

I shouldn't have done it in a sarcastic way.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...