Google's Browser Market Share Now 20%!

Parsad

Unrelated, but I installed Skype today and was surprised to see adware in the installation package asking me if I wanted to install chrome. Microsoft owns 'em and they're still pimping chrome? Seems odd.

The flip-side is that Google is definitely pushing for market share.

I'm a bit of a browser geek. Over the years I've used Netscape, IE, Mozilla, Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox, KHTML (on Linux KDE), Lynx, Safari, Opera and Chrome.

In my opinion, Chrome is the best browser right now (and not by a small margin), and it has had a beneficial impact on all the others by increasing competition and introducing interesting new ideas to the ecosystem. It also seems to be evolving at the fastest rate, with a lot of under-the-hood improvements being added pretty much monthly.

I also still love the comic book they released when it came out and think that was a great way to introduce some technical concepts to non-technical people:

http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/med_00.html

I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff being done..

Unrelated, but I installed Skype today and was surprised to see adware in the installation package asking me if I wanted to install chrome. Microsoft owns 'em and they're still pimping chrome? Seems odd.

That'll probably change at some point, but my feeling with Microsoft is that their upper management is clueless about all the 'smaller' issues and problems with the company, and that's a big part of why they're losing market share in some areas. Small issues in to Microsoft are not small issues to customers and consumers. See my post in the Microsoft thread about my experience trying to sell ads on Bing. MSTF seems to have a lot of issues with execution as being this large of a company.

Anywho...I'm a big fan of Chrome as well.