Mr. Buffett Goes to Japan By Way of South Korea

Guest ValueCarl

Guest Bronco

Buffett said he has ONE stock in mind that he would like to take over, but it is too big right now.  That means it is probably 20B or more, my guess is $30B.

Munich Re?

Exelon?

Those would be my guesses (and I stole Munich Re).

Interesting though.  Other than this "huge" deal he would like to do, he may revert to smaller $5 - $10B deals.

Always an interesting guy to follow.

Buffett said he has ONE stock in mind that he would like to take over, but it is too big right now.  That means it is probably 20B or more, my guess is $30B.

Munich Re?

Exelon?

Those would be my guesses (and I stole Munich Re).

Interesting though.  Other than this "huge" deal he would like to do, he may revert to smaller $5 - $10B deals.

I think this one is easy: AIG. Forced seller, cheap, in his area of competence.

Yet another amusing quote from Buffett:

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett warned that he would go to great lengths to avoid having his preferred shares in Goldman Sachs called in by the investment bank. Now he seems to be making good on his threats. On Saturday, Buffett boarded a private jet bound for Daegu, South Korea. “I’m going to be the Osama bin Laden of capitalism. I’m on my way to an unknown destination in Asia where I’m going to look for a cave,” he joked. “If the U.S. Armed forces can’t find Osama bin Laden in 10 years, let Goldman Sachs try to find me.”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42178304