FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.

twacowfca

Guest cherzeca

there is one parrott email where he seems surprised by terms of NWS, as if it goes beyond his wildest hopes.  and this was Obama's housing advisor in the office of POTUS!!  who was running this show?

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P says to R, "this caught me by surprise. we're not reducing their dividend but including in it every dime these guys make going forward and ensuring that they can't recapitalize." WHAT?!!! That ain't preserve and conserve much less bringing the GSE to a sound and solvent state. So to me that means that the FHFA and the Treasury HAVE to win the argument that the statue allows the conservator to act as a receiver. I previously thought that they could prove that their actions achieved some kind of middle ground--like pressing pause and conserving in a different way. But you can't ignore this exchange.

he could just be describing the nws after the fact, not necessarily their motivations for the nws. we need to see pre-nws communications

I added to both common and preferred today, both additions were below my avg cost so I was able to avg down even near the highs of the day.  My reasoning is that these docs make a plantiff decision more favorable then yesterday before the docs were released.

Reading the emails are disgusting. You don't have to be a shareholder to see that this county is run by a bunch of dishonest thieves. Its amazing the U.S. has grown into the country it has when there have been so many scumbags through its history.

I think the more these documents come out the more the govt leans towards a settlement. This makes the treasury, FHFA, and the office of the president look so dishonest.

I added to both common and preferred today, both additions were below my avg cost so I was able to avg down even near the highs of the day.  My reasoning is that these docs make a plantiff decision more favorable then yesterday before the docs were released.

Reading the emails are disgusting. You don't have to be a shareholder to see that this county is run by a bunch of dishonest thieves. Its amazing the U.S. has grown into the country it has when there have been so many scumbags through its history.

I think the more these documents come out the more the govt leans towards a settlement. This makes the treasury, FHFA, and the office of the president look so dishonest.

As Danny Dalton says...Corruption is why we win.

Reading the emails are disgusting. You don't have to be a shareholder to see that this county is run by a bunch of dishonest thieves.

Makes me sick reading these e-mails.  I'm not surprised, just sick.  Similar to the scene in The Big Short where Mark Baum is talking with the CDO Portfolio Manager at a Vegas restaurant.

Reading the emails are disgusting. You don't have to be a shareholder to see that this county is run by a bunch of dishonest thieves.

Makes me sick reading these e-mails.  I'm not surprised, just sick.  Similar to the scene in The Big Short where Mark Baum is talking with the CDO Portfolio Manager at a Vegas restaurant.

Lol. I takes hard work to be a real price of shit

How about this exchange between Jim Parrott and Peter Wallison:

Wallison: One question: Do the dividend payments amortize principal, and if so how? For example, if the 10% dividend rate were

in effect, a payment of more than 10% would amortize principal, but from the press release it sounds as though the

profits that are swept into Treasury are replacing the 10% dividend.

Parrott: No principal is written down no matter what the quartely payment is. Dividend is variable, set at w hatever profit for

quarter is, eliminating ability to pay down principal (so they can"t repay their debt and escape as it were).

Wallison: That could be a problem. From the perspective of the budget, if Congress were to eliminate them it would be

eliminating a revenue source. If principal were amortized that problem would eventually go away.

And then the next 4 emails in the thread are blacked out

How the fuck is this legal? This also shows that the budget was in fact a concern for the administration.

If we don't win this I sure hope to God Trump becomes President because at that point we might very well need someone to go in there and blow shit up.

Someone needs to threaten to bring this to Trump's attention if the govt doesn't settle. He'd have a field day at the expense of Obama/Clinton.

Lets not drift down the polics road on this thread......although if you dont have at least 2-3% of your AUM in this you are a moron.

Someone needs to threaten to bring this to Trump's attention if the govt doesn't settle. He'd have a field day at the expense of Obama/Clinton.

Lets not drift down the polics road on this thread......although if you dont have 2-3% of your AUM in this you are a moron.

You've said this before in this thread. The first time I assumed you were being sarcastic. In this case was making a joke...but truth of the matter is politics very much is relevant here. I really think that if Trump has a chance, that increases the odds of Obama ending the Cship.

At that point he'll do everything he can to help Hillary - and a headline that states "$200 billion profit for taxpayers" will MOST CERTAINLY help her odds. On top of that, why not take the 79.9% (minus the cost of junior preferred) up front, instead of doing 100% of profits shared ad infinitum with all future administrations? ESPECIALLY if the next 4-8 years might be a maniac in the WH. On top of that there are real concerns of handing Republicans the GSEs (keeping the GSEs in limbo), as expressed by Mel Watt. And do you really want to risk the release of 12,000 documents in the middle of an election cycle? Which makes me think - I know Sweeney is a GWB appointee; I can't help but wonder if she may have an ulterior motive in this (subconscious or not).

So yes I think politics absolutely matters in this case.

Lets not drift down the polics road on this thread......although if you dont have 2-3% of your AUM in this you are a moron.

You've said this before in this thread. The first time I assumed you were being sarcastic. In this case was making a joke...but truth of the matter is politics very much is relevant here. I really think that if Trump has a chance, that increases the odds of Obama ending the Cship.

At that point he'll do everything he can to help Hillary - and a headline that states "$200 billion profit for taxpayers" will MOST CERTAINLY help her odds. On top of that, why not take the 79.9% (minus the cost of junior preferred) up front, instead of doing 100% of profits shared ad infinitum with all future administrations? ESPECIALLY if the next 4-8 years might be a maniac in the WH. On top of that there are real concerns of handing Republicans the GSEs (keeping the GSEs in limbo), as expressed by Mel Watt.

So yes I think politics absolutely matters in this case.

This would play sooooo well into his "Crooked Hillary" campaign.

Guest cherzeca

Sweeney has entered an order to government to produce hard copies of documents by next Friday.

thanks luke.

also requests agency head to substantiate each claim of privilege. 

this could take awhile.  she has to read these docs, the admin head should have already submitted support as to why the privilege is being asserted....she is bending over backwards.

but my take is that she is going to read this stuff and say this needs to be turned over subject to confid order

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/280688-sen-corker-to-meet-with-trump-report

May 20, 2016, 12:02 pm

Corker to meet with Trump, feeding VP speculation

By Jessie Hellmann

Well, I suppose I should take back my Trump joke

Corker is just the intermediary.....Trump is going to ask Ackman to be vp.  Dow 20K here we come!

Lol, the ultimate activist play