What are you buying during the Pull Back - Third Time

Myth465

I noticed someone mentioned Mass Financial. I have been a holder for a while. Its tough to get info on whats happening with this company. Does anyone have any recent info????

I mentioned Mass Financial and totally agree that information is very difficult to run across. The latest that I've found is the following: http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/print/s/19042010/28/link-f-ccnmatthews-canoro-resources-ltd-announces-private-placement-underwritten-rights.html

Any thoughts on when this may end. It seems to get worse everyday. I dont feel full capitulation though (at least not for me).

Who knows?  It could go on for weeks or it may end tomorrow.  Just always buy things that are cheap and sell when they are dear.  And if you're stuck in the middle...don't worry...there's ALWAYS another opportunity.  It may be better or worse, but they always show up.  Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I was stuck in the middle last time and it was quite painful. This one is a bit funner to watch. Cash really does help you sleep at night. I am starting to understand what Mason Hawkins means when he says its the strategic asset.

• 2 weeks later...

We're finding some good stuff.  It's not dirt cheap like March 2008, but we are starting to see some bargains here and there.  We were 50% cash about three weeks ago, and now we are down to about 30%.  Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Some of the smaller media names have unlevered FCF yields of 14 to 24% and levered yields of 24 to 56%.  They were cheap before the sell-off and are super cheap now and many of them have managable debt loads.  I purchased 2 of the cheapest names that already did not have full positions in namely LNET and MGAM.  Others that already have full positions include SURW, SGA, SALM and NRG.  I am also looking at TRK and GCI but the others are so cheap that I may sell some holdings to buy more.

Packer 

I am back to trying to raise cash. I bought more SSW, FBK.

I have also bought LNET, ESV Leaps, SD Leaps, ATSG Options, KSP Options, and Boyd Income Group over the last month or so. May be a bit early considering the chatter about the markets.