Value Line

blakehampton

I’ve been thinking about Value line a lot recently. It is constantly surrounding and referenced by investors such as Buffett, Munger, etc. I have a free online subscription through my school, but it’s hard to navigate and continuously scroll through. It is free however and I don’t believe that I’m willing to shell out the $600 required for a print subscription, but I was curious on what you guys think of the material. Do any of you have the print edition and what are your thoughts?

Any discussion around Value Line in general would also be interesting.

1 hour ago, jks327 said:

When my library stopped stocking this, I stopped going.  Now I use OpenBB or otherwise just get ideas from the news and other online sources.

My library allows me access to the online version. For most of my holdings I print out the one pager and write my contemporaneous notes on the back and stick it in a file folder with 10-ks and other articles that I used for my research.  It's been really great to prevent "thesis drift" or to pat myself one the back when the stock goes up for reasons that have nothing to do with my thesis.  If I'm right for the wrong reason then I just got lucky and I want to keep track of that. 

The recommendation I regularly send to value line is to add a "next" button to their website.  Just let me flip through them like my print edition and the online portal would be much more valuable.  Looking at each member of an industry is an important attribute of the product.