Learning from Michael Burry

ExpectedValue

Burry was paid $1 a word to write for MSN money. I think it is useful to read his thought process for his actual trades. He didn't calculate ratios like EV/EBITDA or do writeup like in VIC.

see attached.

Thanks for posting.  I haven't seen this compilation of the MSN articles.

He didn't calculate ratios like EV/EBITDA or do writeup like in VIC.

Paragraph 4 on page 2;

"How do I determine the discount? I usually focus on free cash flow and enterprise value (market capitalization less cash plus debt). I will screen through large numbers of companies by looking at the enterprise value/EBITDA ratio"

haha, you got me there! You must think I am full of it!

thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.....

Burry was paid $1 a word to write for MSN money. I think it is useful to read his thought process for his actual trades. He didn't calculate ratios like EV/EBITDA or do writeup like in VIC.

see attached.

Thank you for the compilation, much appreciated!

see attached.

Thank you for the compilation, much appreciated!

Welcome. This forum has given me so much, I am glad to contribute my bit.

yeah those write ups are a gold mine. V interesting to read, and he writes well.

The problem? Pixar's next feature film will not be

released until November 2001 -- a full two years

after the last, "Toy Story 2." No matter that the

first three releases -- "A Bug's Life," "Toy Story," and "Toy Story 2" -- establish Pixar as a 1.000

batter later in the season than any other major

studio before it. No matter that Pixar promises at

least one theatrical release per year from 2001

on, and has beefed up its talent pool with the

likes of animation guru Brad Bird. For Wall Street,

this is a timeliness issue.

This is interesting. I notice that a lot. Something can be a gold mine 3 years from now with pretty high probability, but because it is so far away the market doesn't seem to care. And it often gets sold off by people who try to time the market.

edit: ok quote is all fked up.

I started reading his 3000 something posts on SI. I am pleasantly surprised by his aptitudes in timing stocks/option strategies. He fits the traits of many great investors - flexible, have multiple mental models to deal with different situations, respectful of the market.

-PC

I started reading his 3000 something posts on SI. I am pleasantly surprised by his aptitudes in timing stocks/option strategies. He fits the traits of many great investors - flexible, have multiple mental models to deal with different situations, respectful of the market.

Thanks patientCheetah, looking to do that as well. Link to his SI profile (you might need to register): http://www.siliconinvestor.com/profile.aspx?userid=690845

Thanks patientCheetah, looking to do that as well. Link to his SI profile (you might need to register): http://www.siliconinvestor.com/profile.aspx?userid=690845

You need full membership to access all the post - you can either buy the membership or post 20 messages

-PC

see attached.

This is a most excellent contribution.  Thank you.

I didn't know people could get so fired up on a forum

Michael, I placed 300-400k shares of fscx from $13-19, and that # is

probably conservative. Your technicals mean absolutely dick because

I work for the only firm that has research coverage on the stock. We

talk with Pete Madsen the CEO and Mark Rafferty etc. You are a total numbnut if you think technicals will give you the inside scoop to play a stock like fscx, there has to be a fundamental reason for the stock to maintain a higher multiple, technicals mean dick. So listen you cocksucking bastard, go back to med school. When it comes to the market, these chat boxes should be used to transfer info. not hype and

bullshit. So do the world a favor and fuck off a die

Jay,

Thank you for showing your true colors. I think we all know you a

bit better now.

Mike

I didn't know people could get so fired up on a forum

Michael, I placed 300-400k shares of fscx from $13-19, and that # is

probably conservative. Your technicals mean absolutely dick because

I work for the only firm that has research coverage on the stock. We

talk with Pete Madsen the CEO and Mark Rafferty etc. You are a total numbnut if you think technicals will give you the inside scoop to play a stock like fscx, there has to be a fundamental reason for the stock to maintain a higher multiple, technicals mean dick. So listen you cocksucking bastard, go back to med school. When it comes to the market, these chat boxes should be used to transfer info. not hype and

bullshit. So do the world a favor and fuck off a die

Jay,

Thank you for showing your true colors. I think we all know you a

bit better now.

Mike

the guy probably lost his shirt and wants to take it out on Dr. Burry