DooDiligence

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2024 at 8:11 PM, Haryana said:

this is a mining company compared to BRK

image.thumb.png.c1d273a74f1d8fd7dc67f2b05ccd52b5.png

it is the mining company that is on the top in blue line including dividends while the Berkshire is that red line on the bottom

On 1/9/2024 at 9:05 PM, Haryana said:

it is the mining company that is on the top in blue line including dividends while the Berkshire is that red line on the bottom

The market cap of this mining company that has left Berkshire returns far behind over more than 25 years is over 50 billion.

2 minutes ago, gfp said:

Well it looks like Southern Copper to me.

You got that right.

The point is that there are stocks and fund managers out there who have vastly outperformed Berkshire but nobody will know because of the Buffett brainwash syndrome and the scam of charts without the dividends.

5 minutes ago, Haryana said:

You got that right.

The point is that there are stocks and fund managers out there who have vastly outperformed Berkshire but nobody will know because of the Buffett brainwash syndrome and the scam of charts without the dividends.

Well not me, I had my entire net worth in Southern Copper since 1996 so I'm one of the special ones. (jk)

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Jaygo said:

Is that Starbucks?

No but commendable attempt because it looks closer and well above less than 1000% return of BRK.

The return of SBUX during that period was only about 3600% compared to about 4800% on this one.

image.png.e06d85fee42583ce8cd4059f38ba5b20.png

Edited by Haryana
chart add

1 hour ago, Haryana said:

No but commendable attempt because it looks closer and well above less than 1000% return of BRK.

The return of SBUX during that period was only about 3600% compared to about 4800% on this one.

Ok,  toro company would be really close here too. I’m going off my iPhone stock list without cheating. It’s fun. 

17 hours ago, Jaygo said:

Ok,  toro company would be really close here too. I’m going off my iPhone stock list without cheating. It’s fun. 

Sure. Toro (TTC) is actually far ahead with about 6300% during that period (starting Nov 99) compared to 968% for BRK.

Good to see many examples of companies leaving BRK far behind because some people are brainwashed over Berkshire.

image.png.5769d8f8e9295df43ccc692f55a2c761.png

3 hours ago, Haryana said:

Sure. Toro (TTC) is actually far ahead with about 6300% during that period (starting Nov 99) compared to 968% for BRK.

Good to see many examples of companies leaving BRK far behind because some people are brainwashed over Berkshire.

image.png.5769d8f8e9295df43ccc692f55a2c761.png

and going back to 1984. BRK has outperformed TTC by 2.5x. So what is the reason for this random comparison from an arbitrary date? 

3 hours ago, adesigar said:

and going back to 1984. BRK has outperformed TTC by 2.5x. So what is the reason for this random comparison from an arbitrary date? 

Not arbitrary, that date is the maximum starting point from when that stock in the original question has data from.

4 hours ago, Haryana said:

Not arbitrary, that date is the maximum starting point from when that stock in the original question has data from.

But what's the value of the comparison?  Looking backwards for charts that beat Berkshire is pretty easy.  Are you saying these stocks will do well going forward?  If so why?  As Buffett says, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windscreen.  

13 hours ago, dwy000 said:

But what's the value of the comparison?  Looking backwards for charts that beat Berkshire is pretty easy.  Are you saying these stocks will do well going forward?  If so why?  As Buffett says, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windscreen.  

Comparison value is very logical like we would do with an index. Nothing to do with looking backward or forward.

I am actually boosting Buffett's Berkshire as a benchmark. However, I understand if it appears offensive.

This may be sensitive issue and hurt public sentiments as the masses are programmed with {Buffett == Oracle}.

What is an Oracle anyway? A more technologically advanced translation of the word Prophet?

You may still participate in the chart game by ignoring the red line at bottom and just focus on the blue line above.

Edited by Haryana

20 minutes ago, Haryana said:

Comparison value is very logical like we would do with an index. Nothing to do with looking backward or forward.

I am actually boosting Buffett's Berkshire as a benchmark. However, I understand if it appears offensive.

This may be sensitive issue and hurt public sentiments as the masses are programmed with {Buffett == Oracle}.

What is an Oracle anyway? A more technologically advanced translation of the word Prophet?

You may still participate in the chart game by ignoring the red line at bottom and just focus on the blue line above.

Im still confused.  What are we trying to accomplish with random comparisons looking backward?

2 hours ago, dwy000 said:

Im still confused.  What are we trying to accomplish with random comparisons looking backward?

My interpretation of this whole thread is that it's about entertainment.

So, I imagine almost every comment, including this one, is intended to entertain the writer or the potential audience.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:47 PM, Haryana said:

The red line at the bottom is Berkshire!

What NYSE stock is the blue line?

image.png.74a4901f8008897d00673c2dd0cef26f.png

Hint: there is one important key feature of this company that is common with Berkshire.

The hint made me think of RLI (replacement lens insurance for contact lenses originally !!) but despite having a similar return profile since 1999 it isn't the chart you posted.  Plus RLI has a data series going back to 1972.

Oh well keep guessing

9 hours ago, Haryana said:

Next Hint: Prem Watsa of Fairfax mentioned it somewhere in the last few years.

Well now you are just handing out the answer.  This is one remnant of the company Prem and Buffett reference periodically 

image.thumb.png.0bad09f0c41511c23f0de87dcd4d2d35.png