Alice Schroeder Website

Parsad

Not surprisingly, Alice Schroeder has a website now.  I really liked the last two-thirds of her book, but she is really milking this thing...speaking engagements, a multitude of interviews, articles and probably a couple of other books in the work.  No more analyst work for her!  Cheers!

http://www.aliceschroeder.com/blog/buffett-orchestrates-kraft-cadbury-deal

That's funny, I actually enjoyed the first 2/3's and felt the last 1/3 was a little rushed. Anyway, I don't think I would go so far as to say that she's "milking" her Buffett connection. Most of the time I read anything she writes or watch her; I learn something new. Also, I see an awful lot of comments accusing her of being "bitter" in that article. Personally, I think the Buffett-worship is going a little too far.

Perhaps "milking" wasn't the right word.  Let's try leveraging the notoriety.  I agree the hero worship goes a bit far, but at the same time, she's done an awfully good job (if you can call it that) of tearing Buffett down in the media.  How many times are we going to hear her say "Warren's needs" or "bathtub mentality" when she discusses him.  The way she speaks of him, as if he is some sort of needy child.  Does anyone here really believe that?  The man runs a frickin' empire, with hordes of managers that will do anything to please him.  Is he really the basketcase that Schroeder portrays?  Please. 

We all have issues and events in our lives that have affected us in some manner.  Why would he be any different?  I would just hope she focuses more on the actual events at Berkshire and with Buffett, rather than presuming to be his psychoanalyst.  Cheers! 

Guest dealraker

Can't help but wonder what triggered the bitterness she has towards him.  Might have something to do with her past, not his.

Something changed which caused her to go full negative. The video Sanjeev put up on this site of her talk was pretty good.

One thing I observed was that she started claiming herself as a "writer". To make her claim legitimate, she said she would have to be neutral of the subject. I think the need to be recognized as a "writer" caused a series of misjudgments. This caused Buffett to be cool towards her which made her turn hostile.

One has to be careful to avoid the title based bias - I have seen a lot of crap happen in the corporate world with people chasing titles.

cheers!

Shalab