CBOE Bulletin On FFH Options!

Parsad

Thank for the info.

I was wondering what would happened to my options today. Well, what happened is that I was unable to find them anywhere. They are still in my account  (Scotia Discount), but when I ask for price their system dont find them. It also disappear on yahoo. I guess its gonna be resolve within a few days?

Am I the only one trying to find my options somewhere?

ECCO

Thank for the info.

I was wondering what would happened to my options today. Well, what happened is that I was unable to find them anywhere. They are still in my account  (Scotia Discount), but when I ask for price their system dont find them. It also disappear on yahoo. I guess its gonna be resolve within a few days?

Am I the only one trying to find my options somewhere?

ECCO

TD Ameritrade listed the options with no changes yesterday.  I was never able to find the Toronto listed US dominated ticker for Fairfax, but the pink sheet FRFHF was there right out of the gate, albeit with very low volume and a steep drop in price at first.

There was a very interesting arbitrage opportunity that resulted.  The first few hundred shares of FRFHF traded as low as 325.  Consequently the 230 Jan 11 LEAP (one of which I'd bought on Tuesday for 131.20) could be had for as little as 120.  Eventually the bid on the underlying came back up over 350, but it took nearly an hour before the ask on the LEAP followed suit.

I spoke with a CBOE representative yesterday before the bulletin release, and yes, all previous options will be set to "closing" which means that you can still trade your open positions but will not be able to open new positions.

As the bulletin states, some MMs will be able to open positions to accommodate the closing of some positions.

So those that still have open positions, we should be able to either execute them as desired, close them, or let them expire depending on what you have based on the pink sheet listing FRFHF.

Cheers

JEast