The house opposite to Buffett's is for sale :-)

I actually chatted with the guy who owns the property across the street. I think his name was Phil. He says he rarely sees him and that most in the neighborhood don't really know him. He sees Buffett driving out in the morning and driving back from work into his garage later in the day. But that was about it. And I think the guy had lived there for many years.

There wasn't any security until not too long ago when some guy came by trying to rob the house or something. Now there is security and there is a camera that takes a picture of every license plate that drives by, in case there is a car that keeps driving around or just to keep records of who's driven by. So even if you bought the property it doesn't seem like you really bump into him. You'd probably have a better chance walking around town.

I actually chatted with the guy who owns the property across the street. I think his name was Phil. He says he rarely sees him and that most in the neighborhood don't really know him. He sees Buffett driving out in the morning and driving back from work into his garage later in the day. But that was about it. And I think the guy had lived there for many years.

There wasn't any security until not too long ago when some guy came by trying to rob the house or something. Now there is security and there is a camera that takes a picture of every license plate that drives by, in case there is a car that keeps driving around or just to keep records of who's driven by. So even if you bought the property it doesn't seem like you really bump into him. You'd probably have a better chance walking around town.

In Snowball, it talked about all the kids on the block would crowd into Buffett's house to watch TV when the got the first color TV in the neighborhood. Probably before he got really famous and when Susie was around. I took a picture when I passed by Omaha a few years ago. Glad no security confronted me, lol.

My guess is that the buyer will end up with a house across the street from either a museum or a bed and breakfast. I can't see Buffett having in his will anything about keeping the place now that prices have somewhat recovered - that would be dead money.