Wouldn't it be wonderful for Buffett ?

Wouldn't it be wonderful for Buffett to have a moment where people don't dwell incessantly on his demise?

(I've owned BRK since the early 1990s and of course have thought about Buffett leaving BRK, but the endless discussions of the topic have become so tired, repetitive and mindless that's its sad.)

Wouldn't it be wonderful for Buffett to have a moment where people don't dwell incessantly on his demise?

(I've owned BRK since the early 1990s and of course have thought about Buffett leaving BRK, but the endless discussions of the topic have become so tired, repetitive and mindless that's its sad.)

I think people only dwell on it because he hasn't named his successor. If people knew the plan they would most likely let it go and you would never hear of it again.

I think people only dwell on it because he hasn't named his successor. If people knew the plan they would most likely let it go and you would never hear of it again.

I disagree. :) I think there is a subset of people who believe Buffett is key to BRK (there was even a poll on this site about it). And these people will unfortunately dwell on it.

Personally, I also believe Buffett is key to BRK. Also personally, I would not constantly ask him when he's gonna die and whether he has a successor. I don't care about the second (I am pretty certain to sell BRK when Buffett dies) and I think the first one (asking him constantly) does not accomplish anything. So, yeah, I'd rather people stop asking him that, but I don't see it happening.

Peace