Short MENSA (?) quiz

Jurgis
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/graphics/2015/04/mensa6.html

I don't know if this relates closely to real MENSA test. :)

I did 6. Coulda done 7 if I was not lazy.  ;)

Couldn't do 2, 4, 8 - tough with English as second language and/or my thinking setup. With 4 even after I looked up the answer, I still did not know these names. 2 and 8 were possibly doable if I spent tons of time. :)

[glow=red,2,300]Solved #1 in about 5 minutes.  Not that hard.[/glow]

EDIT: This is Mensa?  This has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with riddles being a hobby.  Getting my engineering degree had harder problems than this.

Anyway, this stuff all falls into the knowable but not important category.  I quit.

I don't know if it's really Mensa. I posted it completely for fun as a brain teaser.

Obviously, doing the test won't improve you investment returns or sex life.  ;D

Actually, one of the questions provides a secret Illuminati way to get rich in real estate. So, yeah, if you solve all the problems, and you figure out the answer, you could become rich!!!!!

"I'm just kitten." #JS3punfun

what is the supposed time limit for the test?

Have no clue, sorry.

I don't believe it is actual Mensa test. I think this was presented in the press as a "what Mensa test looks like but much shorter".

I'd be interested to hear from Mensa members (or whoever took Mensa test) if this is similar to actual test. :)

Mensa gives out two tests. One includes a version of the Wonderlic test a timed test for which the questions get progressively more difficult. The other  battery of tests is designed to be culturally fair. The questions on the linked test are similar to some of the questions on the Wonderlic.

I would not categorize this test as representative.

IMHO IQ is multifaceted and difficult to measure but we all recognize it when we see it. I expect a significant portion of the people on this board would do well all the same.

I think that quiz was intended for a UK English speaking audience. #2 was driving me crazy because sprains and asprins made sense and fit but alas they used a word in a way I've never heard it used. Fun quiz and thank you for sharing.

If you're curious the answers are here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3028596/Are-smart-join-Mensa-interactive-quiz-join-cleverest-brains-world.html

Mensa gives out two tests. One includes a version of the Wonderlic test a timed test for which the questions get progressively more difficult. The other  battery of tests is designed to be culturally fair. The questions on the linked test are similar to some of the questions on the Wonderlic.

I would not categorize this test as representative.

IMHO IQ is multifaceted and difficult to measure but we all recognize it when we see it. I expect a significant portion of the people on this board would do well all the same.

I tested high in highschool.  Something like 180.  But I think IQ tests are biased on a per test basis.  Some may test memory while others math and others X,Y,Z.  I was good in math but sucked at reading comprehension.