bizaro86 Posted February 23, 2015 Share Posted February 23, 2015 I have a short position in Ivanhoe Energy, which recently entered creditor protection. The stock trades on both the TSX (IE) and NASDAQ (IVAN). The TSX has already halted, but Nasdaq hasn't. I think quite strongly that the stock is worthless, as there is a material amount of both secured and unsecured debt, and the assets are worth $0, even if oil prices improve. However, the stock is still holding on at ~$0.40. I'm happy to time arbitrage the situation and wait for the shares to be cancelled, but I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of how that works. If the stock is cancelled/doesn't trade, would I be able to/required to deliver the shares I borrowed? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now