free screener that includes performance information?

Homestead31

In my days as a sell side trader I had easy access to bloomberg and its very powerful screening tools, but those days are over.

does anyone know of a free screener that has the capability to screen for performance?

For example, this time of year when screening for "january effect" candidates its nice to be able to include something like "down 40% year to date," or "down 20% over the last month" or "price < (52 week high * .70) etc etc.

is there anything out there for free that has performance tracking?

or anything that is reasonably cheap?

thanks

In my days as a sell side trader I had easy access to bloomberg and its very powerful screening tools, but those days are over.

does anyone know of a free screener that has the capability to screen for performance?

For example, this time of year when screening for "january effect" candidates its nice to be able to include something like "down 40% year to date," or "down 20% over the last month" or "price < (52 week high * .70) etc etc.

is there anything out there for free that has performance tracking?

or anything that is reasonably cheap?

thanks

Well, screeners seems to be the way many of us turn over rocks. This has been discussed many times and I use morningstar which has a lot of capabilities. However, in the end I decided to write my own script (on a linux-based system) and just grab the data off the web on a site like ft.com and process it myself. The only thing is to get a list of all the tickers which are available at:

http://people.stern.nyu.edu/adamodar/New_Home_Page/data.html

Try StockRover.com. Basic version is free.