Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises - Timothy Geithner

OracleofCarolina

I'm also planning to read it.

In the meantime, if you have Netflix there's a documentary titled ‘Hank: Five Years from the Brink’ that is basically an hour-and-a-half long interview with Hank Paulson that is pretty interesting.

• 3 months later...

I just read this and would recommend it.  It's very interesting and informative and gives a good sense for how things were during the crisis in "real time". 

I hadn't been a huge fan of Geithner, but he comes across very well.  He seems to be open and honest and says what he got right and what he got wrong and what could have been done better.  I really came away from this book feeling lucky that he was in the position he was.  I think without him things could have been a lot worse.

For those who believe that huge investments in BAC, WFC, etc at their troughs were obvious this will give you a whole new perspective (or refresh an old perspective) on how close to ruin we were.  Reading it a lot of the old feelings came back for me - the stress of wondering which domino was going to fall that day.

I just read this and would recommend it.  It's very interesting and informative and gives a good sense for how things were during the crisis in "real time". 

I hadn't been a huge fan of Geithner, but he comes across very well.  He seems to be open and honest and says what he got right and what he got wrong and what could have been done better.  I really came away from this book feeling lucky that he was in the position he was.  I think without him things could have been a lot worse.

For those who believe that huge investments in BAC, WFC, etc at their troughs were obvious this will give you a whole new perspective (or refresh an old perspective) on how close to ruin we were.  Reading it a lot of the old feelings came back for me - the stress of wondering which domino was going to fall that day.

Thanks for the insightful review.

:)