Aker Philadelphia Shipyard - It was a 50 bagger in less than 2 years

LongHaul

Nice play on Conrad Watsa - What did you see with Conrad Industries?

I got lucky that a friend told me to check out Conrads because he knew I had invested in many similar-themed stocks in the past:  small, tightly controlled (possibly founding family), owner operator, cheap, businesses with long track records of success.  At the time I looked into Conrads It was 2x earnings after backing out cash, and fit the aforementioned bill for the type of businesses I like.

a little tip, find investing blogs. Usually every name i research i put in google with 'investing blog' behind it. Conrad for example was written up on several blogs when it was really cheap. You can find alot of great ideas like that.

My #1 stock return ever was/is with ATSG.  It's about 40x in 5 years, though it really was at that level a couple years ago, so it was better than that. The key to the investment was seeing that with a careful analysis of the bankruptcy (which seemed as if it was a strong possibility at the time) it was still worth maybe 5x what it was trading for (20 cents to $1--actually, I think it was more like $1.20).  Then they avoided bankruptcy and everything else was gravy. 

My #1 stock return ever was/is with ATSG.  It's about 40x in 5 years, though it really was at that level a couple years ago, so it was better than that. The key to the investment was seeing that with a careful analysis of the bankruptcy (which seemed as if it was a strong possibility at the time) it was still worth maybe 5x what it was trading for (20 cents to $1--actually, I think it was more like $1.20).  Then they avoided bankruptcy and everything else was gravy.

I think emeco holdings is sort of like that. Except it is trading a little bit under liquidation value. Once mining picks up again, it could be a 3-7 bagger roughly.