Corner of Berk-Scraper and Fun-Facts

prunes

Prunes,

I love your scraper tool.  It makes me look like an all star investor.  My one pick is up 71% in two years!

woltac

Ditto here!  I wish my portfolio had performed as well as the, count 'em, one stock I started a thread about. :D

prunes, perhaps suggest to posters to add to their future posts the following text:

OPENED LONG POSITION AT $XXX.XX

CLOSED LONG POSITION AT $XXX.XX

Or something of the sort.  That would be very easy to scrape.  And ditto for shorting but say SHORT instead of LONG.

prunes, perhaps suggest to posters to add to their future posts the following text:

OPENED LONG POSITION AT $XXX.XX

CLOSED LONG POSITION AT $XXX.XX

Or something of the sort.  That would be very easy to scrape.  And ditto for shorting but say SHORT instead of LONG.

This would also allow people who didn't start the thread to open up virtual positions as well.

An interesting idea would be to see if we can enhance the site to track a number of "virtual" portfolios.  We could run a contest where each person paid an entry fee to pay for this upgrade plus the winning portfolio would receive the remaining proceeds to go to the players charity of choice.  We could keep it simple by each person choosing 5 stocks and could change them every day over a one year period.  If it works then we can expand the next year to handle more complex situations like changing weights.  I think we could learn alot from this and it would provide some real time performance info. 

Packer