OT: CFL Football

Packer16

As you can tell from my username I am a big Green Bay Packers fan.  Last year I watched a few CFL games on NBC Sports network and really enjoyed the game.  It has the strategy of US Football, a quicker pace and even more "big play" moments the US Football.  I have stated to like the Saskatchewan Roughriders but have had a hard time finding a place to watch the games.  It appears that NBC has a preference for the Hamilton, Toronto and Montreal games in their coverage.  Do you know of place on the internet that I can either listen watch Roughrider games?  I live in Rochseter NY closest to Hamilton so at some point I would like to see a live game.  Is there a way to but tickets for games other than directly from the team.  Thanks.

Packer

You can listen to the Rider games on CKRM radio at:

http://www.620ckrm.com/sportscage-home

One thing that you need to be careful about when planning to listen to the games on CKRM is that Saskatchewan does not use daylight savings time, so if the game is at 1pm in Saskatchewan, it's 3pm in New York....but when the playoffs begin in the fall, it would be 2pm.  It's a bit complicated.

If you want to see a game, I'd actually suggest going to Toronto.  There are tonnes of things to do in Toronto other than the CFL game, so you can make a nice little weekend out of it.

SJ

Actually, from Rochester you might even consider seeing a game in Montreal.  The stadium in Montreal holds about 24,000 people and it's usually packed, so it makes for a great ambiance to watch a game (even if most of the people are cheering for the Alouettes  :(  ).  And there are lots of cool things to do in montreal before and after the game.

In Toronto, the stadium holds about 48,000 and it's usually less than half full for football...getting a ticket is dead-easy, but a half-full stadium kinda sucks.

People in Hamilton are going to hate me for not recommending their city!

People in Hamilton are going to hate me for not recommending their city!

Born and raised in Hamilton, moved away when I was 25ish and never looked back.

I would also second the Montreal game.  Both Montreal and Toronto are in the heart of downtown, both very vibrant areas.

Ivor Wynne, soon to be Tim Horton's stadium is in a shatty area, really shatty.  Hamilton missed the boat on relocating to the Pier. 

I get why they did, hoping to gentrify that area and keep the stadium "local" so all the season ticket holders who walk can still walk, but there was a bigger picture they didn't consider.  They'd rather have locals walk to the game than make it a destination for people from farther away.

Sorry, my rant is over.  ;D