Media Firm Investing

Packer16

I am thinking of in some of the less levered radio and TV broadcasting firms but am hestitant due to their debt levels.  I know the assets are worth multiples of what they are trading for today but 2 have upcoming debt puts or rollovers and the debt of both are yielding in the 30 to 50% YTM.  I have burned by these types of situations in the past and have made out better by investing after the restucuturing versus before.  Has anyone been able to get comfortable these types of firms prior to re-structuring?  TIA.

Packer 

Why not look at the ad agencies instead?  It's a cheaper call option on the upside from renewed ad spend.

-O

I am thinking of in some of the less levered radio and TV broadcasting firms but am hestitant due to their debt levels.  I know the assets are worth multiples of what they are trading for today but 2 have upcoming debt puts or rollovers and the debt of both are yielding in the 30 to 50% YTM.  I have burned by these types of situations in the past and have made out better by investing after the restucuturing versus before.  Has anyone been able to get comfortable these types of firms prior to re-structuring?  TIA.

Packer