Arlington Ranger Fund October Letter

Parsad

His outperformance is really mind boggling.  Very few managers beat the index by 5 points or more annually LT.  Extremely few do 10 points or more.  Doing 20+ points for 10+ years is really a fantastic accomplishment.  The comparison with Buffett's early years is very telling.  Will be very interesting to see how this young man develops.

His outperformance is really mind boggling.  Very few managers beat the index by 5 points or more annually LT.  Extremely few do 10 points or more.  Doing 20+ points for 10+ years is really a fantastic accomplishment.  The comparison with Buffett's early years is very telling.  Will be very interesting to see how this young man develops.

Impressive indeed..  The only other investor that I've read about that bests this record is Ted Weschler during the same stretch

• 3 weeks later...

If I read this correctly, in 2011 they had (4) accounts and just over $100,000,000.00

No news of Arlington on the SEC so they must still be below 100 million.

I couldn't find them on SEC.Gov either.  I spoke with the blogger over at 'Chasing Bruce Greenwald' and he said he didn't think they were above 100m yet either, bc once again no SEC trail that he could find.

Yes No

F.  (1) Do you provide continuous and regular supervisory or management services to securities portfolios?

Radio button selected, changed Radio button not selected

(2) If yes, what is the amount of your regulatory assets under management and total number of accounts?

U.S. Dollar Amount Total Number of Accounts

Discretionary: (a) $ 100,461,386 (d) 4

Non-Discretionary: (b) $ 0 (e) 0

Total: © $ 100,461,386 (f) 4

Part 1A Instruction 5.b. explains how to calculate your regulatory assets under management. You must follow these instructions carefully when completing this Item.

This is what I found and was alluding to.

Thank you! 20-30% relative out-performance. I guess you could call him a genius. Interesting to see Bill Miller included in the comparison.

I don't know anything about these guys, but I find reliance on relative performance to be pretty ridiculous.  Especially if they are a hedge fund as opposed to a mutual fund.

• 1 year later...