Antarctic Sea Ice

JEast

O.K. guys and gales, no nasty emails - but I find this stuff interesting as I look very closely to the hurricane season (for obvious reasons) along with El Nino and La Nina episodes as I still like to snowboard.  Anyway, noticed that the Antarctic Sea Ice coverage is the largest on record (or at least for the last 33 years since satellite data started).

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2012/09/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-record-high.html

Cheers

JEast

Maybe the planet has tilted a bit from all the hot air coming from our politicians these days. 

We have had the longest hottest summer by far,  since records have been kept in Ontario.  Mid march to about now.  I can live with it.  The skiing kind of sucks though. 

So if one is the largest on record and one is the smallest on record, would not most logical people say it is all evened out. Also I would think that when your records are 33 years and since 1971, using the headline smallest and largest since records is really sensationalism considering the time frame in overall history. But hey, why look at things rationally.

So if one is the largest on record and one is the smallest on record, would not most logical people say it is all evened out. Also I would think that when your records are 33 years and since 1971, using the headline smallest and largest since records is really sensationalism considering the time frame in overall history. But hey, why look at things rationally.

Yeah, I totally agree.  The rational thing to do is to trust the scientist who have spent decades of their lives examining the issue, 99% of which agree that global warming is an issue.