Jump to content

The Faustian Bargain


giofranchi
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very good paper on the evolution of Central Banks.

FFH with its CPI-linked derivative contracts is a great hedge against deflation. Gold might be as good an hedge against inflation. Until we don’t know with certainty, if the deflationary forces caused by the winding down of too much debt will prevail on the Central Banks printing presses, or vice versa, owning some gold doesn’t look like a bad idea to me.

 

giofranchi

guggenheim_82212.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Einhorn says it best (paraphrasing), that gold is a hedge against inflation AND deflation...i.e. central bank stupidity and economic uncertainty.

 

Or, this time paraphrasing Mr. Dalio, a 10% allocation to gold is a very good way to diversify the remaining 90%.

 

giofranchi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...