Charlie Munger´s testimony

orion

I was reading the book "Damn right" about Charlie Munger and on page 164 there is an excerpt from a testimony of Mr. Munger. The notes in the book say this is from: Superior Court of the State of California for the Country of Los Angeles, Metropolitan News Company v. Daily Journal Corporation and Charles T. Munger, July 1, 1999, Vol. 12, pp. 1819-20.

Beeing a German and unfamiliar with the US law system, is there a member on this board who could help me get this testimony/ give some hints how to optain this document?

Thank you for any help.

• 8 years later...

I was reading the book "Damn right" about Charlie Munger and on page 164 there is an excerpt from a testimony of Mr. Munger. The notes in the book say this is from: Superior Court of the State of California for the Country of Los Angeles, Metropolitan News Company v. Daily Journal Corporation and Charles T. Munger, July 1, 1999, Vol. 12, pp. 1819-20.

Beeing a German and unfamiliar with the US law system, is there a member on this board who could help me get this testimony/ give some hints how to optain this document?

Thank you for any help.

It's going to be difficult because the case is 20+ years old. 

1) It's a state court, so it's not on PACER.  If LA County had electronic filing back then (I suspect not) and that portion of the transcript is publicly filed somewhere on the docket (maybe yes, maybe no), then you could access it by getting a log-in to the electronic filing system.

2) If you find the case number, you can start exploring the contacts available here:  http://www.lacourt.org/generalinfo/courtreporter/GI_RE001.aspx  I suspect you won't get very far because the case is too old.

3) An alternative is to hire a litigation support/docket search company that regularly obtains court records in Los Angeles.  They would at least know where to start looking.

4) Forget all of the above and try to contact the author or publisher of the book and ask them to provide you a copy.