How much gasoline can you get from a barrel of oil?

Smazz

I dont know the answer without research but i can tell ya Gasoline prices arent going to plummet enough for it to make sence.... Libya or no Libya...

The difference that Libya makes is in the marginal production of gasoline.  Libyan crude is mostly sweet - less sulfur and more gasoline per barrel of refining.  The newer crude discoveries are mostly heavy - higher sulfur content.

I dont know the answer without research but i can tell ya Gasoline prices arent going to plummet enough for it to make sence.... Libya or no Libya...

The difference that Libya makes is in the marginal production of gasoline.  Libyan crude is mostly sweet - less sulfur and more gasoline per barrel of refining.  The newer crude discoveries are mostly heavy - higher sulfur content.

yes but if you recall it was Libya that was used as the justification(excuse) when this price gouging all started.

I just hope those that deserve it get their heads handed to them.

The Crack Spread formula says that after refining you get (2 units of heating oil + 1 unit of gasoline) from (1 unit of texas light sweet).  This would imply that you get 1/3 a barrel of gasoline from a domestic barrel of oil.

http://www.ibankcoin.com/peanut_gallery/index.php/2008/09/14/calculating-the-crack-spread/