Berkowitz May Have the Last Laugh - Florida Land Looking VERY Interesting

Hey, I said a long time ago that Fernandez will regret leaving Fairholme, and that Berkowitz will be proven right.  Cheers!

Yeah, I still don't know what really went down.

Larry Pitkowsky and Keith Trauner left because of Fernandez, right?

But did Fernandez leave because of a personal riff between him and Bruce?

Or was the whole blowup about BB's lack of portfolio "diversification"?

I think Fernandez felt the ship was going down, and he wasn't the captain.  Either that, or he tripped and fell out of the "Fairholme" boat as it ran aground.  ;D  Cheers!

we don't know what happened. but the stress must have been unbearable on those two. that was the point of maximum pessimism. if you would have bought fairx that day you would be sitting very pretty.

I think it was probably Berkowitz's fault partially.  You've worked with two analysts for years, and suddenly you go all buddy-buddy with your new brother-in-law, buy him a house and move him in next door, and then expect his temperament to be about the same as your own.  The analysts leave, and then buddy realizes he's not cut out for this...bye!  Cheers!

• 8 months later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/07/10/investment-guru-berkowitz-buys-miami.html

Metro 1 Commercial announced that it brokered the sale of the 47,415-square-foot property at 346 N.E. 26th Terrace, along U.S. 1, on behalf of the buyer. Metro 1 Commercial’s Peter Andolina and Tony Cho said the seller was Mecca LLC, which is managed by Jorge Hernandez-Torano.

County records reveal that the buyer is Fairholme Midtown Association, which is managed by Berkowitz. Metro 1 Commercial said the buyer plans to build an office building.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/FLEREA_Max_630_378.png