Jump to content

OT: Cross border taxation


Recommended Posts

This is somewhat off-topic, but I wonder if anyone here would know.


I lived in the US for sometime, and then I moved to Canada. I still had some bank and brokerage accounts in the US as of 2010, and so they sent me 1099 forms -- for dividends, capital gains, and for interest.


Do I need to file this income with the IRS? I'm not a US citizen or permanent resident, and I was not a US resident for tax purposes in 2010. I will be paying taxes on that US income in Canada. I'm just a little a confused whether I even need to bother with filing 1040NR this year at all.


Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...