How did Charlie Munger change your life?

kiwing100

There are many of you who have had your lives changed in some way from reading about & learning from Charlie Munger. Just curious about 2 questions:

1. how he has changed your life / how he has positively impacted your life?

2. what lessons have you learnt from Charlie Munger?

In all honesty, I can't say it was just Charlie.  But together, Buffett and Munger literally changed everything in my life from 1998 on!  And I mean everything!

Credit also belongs to Prem, Francis, Mohnish, Tim McElvaine, Larry Sarbit, Jo Ann Butler, Vinodh Loganadhan...this site, our dinners, my fund, etc wouldn't exist without all of those people. 

Whether I knew them well or I just met them on a couple of occasions like Buffett & Munger, it was always their generosity with their knowledge, time and experience that were some of the greatest gifts I've ever received.

Many people seek out credit for things to get them into heaven, but it all ends here...it's what you do with your life here, for others, for society!  That's the biggest lesson, above all of the investing ones...how you live your life.  Cheers!

Charlie changed my life. Of course his investing and business advice was great but for me most importantly he taught me & countless others how to live a worthy, productive life through his life as an example. And I try to emulate his example to the best of my ability (in most cases, in a poor way). 

There are so many lessons I learned from Charlie, but one that always stands out is: "When something is not worth doing at all, it is not worth doing well." In other words, don't clutter your mind and life with unimportant, unnecessary things, just focus your energies on the most important things in life. I also admired how Charlie prayed at the alter of rationality and approached every aspect of his life with it. 

Edited by Munger_Disciple