I Am Forrest Gump, Too Stupid To Understand Country Music Analogies!

Guest ValueCarl

Guest ValueCarl

I guess what he's saying is that, many country songs indicate such LOSSES to cars, homes and wives. WEB must believe the world is comprised of COUNTRY BUMPKINS like him, FORREST and? When discussing wives, Mr. Buffett, more than likely, has personal experience tied to this INVERSION RULE. imo     

What We Don’t Do

Long ago, Charlie laid out his strongest ambition: “All I want to know is where I’m going to die, so I’ll

never go there.” That bit of wisdom was inspired by Jacobi, the great Prussian mathematician, who counseled

“Invert, always invert” as an aid to solving difficult problems. (I can report as well that this inversion approach

works on a less lofty level: Sing a country song in reverse, and you will quickly recover your car, house and

wife.)

I guess what he's saying is that, many country songs indicate such LOSSES to cars, homes and wives. WEB must believe the world is comprised of COUNTRY BUMPKINS like him, FORREST and? When discussing wives, Mr. Buffett, more than likely, has personal experience tied to this INVERSION RULE. imo      

What We Don’t Do

Long ago, Charlie laid out his strongest ambition: “All I want to know is where I’m going to die, so I’ll

never go there.” That bit of wisdom was inspired by Jacobi, the great Prussian mathematician, who counseled

“Invert, always invert” as an aid to solving difficult problems. (I can report as well that this inversion approach

works on a less lofty level: Sing a country song in reverse, and you will quickly recover your car, house and

wife.)

Buffett's allusion referrs to the urban legend that secret messages will be audible when certain country or rock songs are played backward.  Country music frequently concerns themes of loss and sometimes redemption.  :)