Actually Berkowitz LOADED UP with Berkshire, not Citi

Guest dealraker

Guest dealraker

WIth the BNI and BRK it is 20%.  Amazing how little discussion was happening anywhere on Berkshire's valuations in the sub $100,000 level.  I guess Doug Kass had everybody thinking Mr. Buffett had sat down to die.

There is no question that BRK will do better in the next few years compared to SP500. Watsa has come out and said in five years FFH book value should be much higher. Now if you compare BRK and FFH portfolios, there is significant overlap. The float is continuously increasing. If you analyze BRK, the EPS has declined but the investments/share are going up in a straight line. Buffett says the competitive position of BRK subs has gotten better though it doesnt show up in EPS yet. The press has been busy on the headline news whereas the underlying engine is running better than ever.

cheers!

Shalab

• 2 weeks later...

Only asking for a short list - what mutual fund managers do you guys respect most.  Berko seems up there.  Looking back over the past year, I like Gabelli, even though I never liked him on CNBC.  Other than SNS, I am a fan of his DPS pick last year (Doctor Pepper Snapple).  I was in the same boat.