Real trade war impact?

Cardboard

Guest cherzeca

Business relations are based on mutual trust. This will linger for a long time, regardless of what papers are signed.

disagree.  agency relations (eg client/lawyer, doctor/patient) are built on trust.  peer relations (seller/buyer) are built on distrust, which renders negotiating transparency more important.

Article by David Webb suggesting the US could use the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to force Americans to sell their holdings in Chinese state-backed companies: https://webb-site.com/articles/trumpdump.asp

This doesn't sound like a crazy scenario if trade relations continue to deteriorate.

I think China for its part could ask their courts to take a hard look at the VIE structure that is being used by some leading Chinese companies to circumvent Chinese laws restricting foreign investment. I don't think there has been a clear answer from Chinese authorities about how it views the legality of the VIE structure.

Business relations are based on mutual trust. This will linger for a long time, regardless of what papers are signed.

disagree.  agency relations (eg client/lawyer, doctor/patient) are built on trust.  peer relations (seller/buyer) are built on distrust, which renders negotiating transparency more important.

I'm not talking at the nation state level. I'm talking at the corporate level, with suppliers and partners and such.