Any advice on getting into Value investors club and microcap club

Denistry

Guest cherzeca

VIC is overrated.  I sensed a lot of pitches were done just to satisfy the two a year requirement.  indeed, when I ran out of good ideas, I didn't pitch just for staying on and I dropped off.  just like here, a lot of the pitch commentary is just guys wanting to show off/be disputatious.

Anybody have a sense of the timing on acceptance or rejection of an application?

Steve

I applied this afternoon and received the following reply by email shortly thereafter along with a copy of my submission:

Your application to Value Investors Club for company PAN ORIENT ENERGY CORP has been received. Due to the volume of Applications, it usually takes us a few weeks to review applications thoroughly.

I will let people know the timing of the response. Personally, I decided on applying to VIC over posting the idea on seeking alpha as I would value the chance to see private member comments and recent ideas. But, with the very low acceptance rate, I was hoping for a quick response so that I can post the idea elsewhere while it is still timely if it is not accepted.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have a sense of the timing on acceptance or rejection of an application?

Steve

I applied this afternoon and received the following reply by email shortly thereafter along with a copy of my submission:

Your application to Value Investors Club for company PAN ORIENT ENERGY CORP has been received. Due to the volume of Applications, it usually takes us a few weeks to review applications thoroughly.

I will let people know the timing of the response. Personally, I decided on applying to VIC over posting the idea on seeking alpha as I would value the chance to see private member comments and recent ideas. But, with the very low acceptance rate, I was hoping for a quick response so that I can post the idea elsewhere while it is still timely if it is not accepted.

Steve

I received a response on my application on July 1 - six days after my application.