What drives folks like Sanjeev?

shalab

I think the latter requires someone who puts himself into the shoes of an actual user and it appears to me (as a user of these systems, I don't know squat about programming) that those are lacking too.

Programmers in general are not good in thinking in terms of user experience.

My wife works for a Microsoft Dynamics partner. The developers who are successful are the ones who know the product from a user point of view. Apparently that's a tall order for the dev manager in hiring. They simply don't know the product and really don't care to.

I looked up "multimillionaire" (I assumed it meant $2 million or more) but at lease one definition said it was $10,000,000. I'm not sure that al or eric have that much (though if they do, congrats indeed)

I looked up "multimillionaire" (I assumed it meant $2 million or more) but at lease one definition said it was $10,000,000. I'm not sure that al or eric have that much (though if they do, congrats indeed)

Definitely not.  Money is a funny thing.  People often assume the other guy has more than he really has. 

We have a nice updated house in Toronto, a large mortgage, a small cottage 2.5 hours away, a 6 year old Sante Fe, and an 8 yr. old Accord.  I generate about 2/3 of the money we need to live from dividends.  Since my Wife still works at a very good job I dont need to spend all of it.  We could live on just the investments.  As Racemize says at a certain point, it just keeps growing.