How to buy international stocks from Canada?

rukawa

For any of the Canadian residents on this board. What solutions have you found for buying international stocks.

I am using interactive Brokers but there are various limitations. For instance, it doesn't allow one to buy AIM stocks, Korean preferreds or Brazillian stocks. I was thinking of setting up a US Fidelity account. Wondering if anyone on here has found good solutions to this problem.

I am NOT a canadian resident (American), but I may have some bad news anyways...

I recently (yesterday) received a notice that U.S. Fidelity NO LONGER permits the purchase of stocks in S-Korea/China/Brazil.  This is effective 1/1/2017.  I'm pretty disappointed myself, as I joined Fidelity in order to get access to S-Korea.

If others have received this notification, and have good alternatives to Fidelity, I'd also be very appreciative if they chimed in.

I am NOT a canadian resident (American), but I may have some bad news anyways...

I recently (yesterday) received a notice that U.S. Fidelity NO LONGER permits the purchase of stocks in S-Korea/China/Brazil.  This is effective 1/1/2017.  I'm pretty disappointed myself, as I joined Fidelity in order to get access to S-Korea.

If others have received this notification, and have good alternatives to Fidelity, I'd also be very appreciative if they chimed in.

Hong Kong is still available through Fidelity, right?

As far as I know in Canada IB is your best option for international stocks.

As for other brokers, TD offers access to some major European markets for usurious fees. Also Questrade offers international, you have to call in the trade to their desk and fees are high - 1% of value minimum $195 and you probably get fleeced on FX. Not sure what markets they offer but i suspect the diversity is worse than IB.

If anyone knows of other brokers, please share.