Brokerage To Buy Korea Preferred

theasiareport

There were a couple of active threads on buying Korean stocks and preferred shares, and the difficulty of buying shares.

Despite being based in Singapore, I've had problem accessing the market through an online brokerage. I've just opened, tested and bought Korean shares using Boom Securities (not affiliated to them in anyway).

They are based in Hong Kong, and are owned by the Monex Group in Japan. I actually took the trip down to their office in Hong Kong to open the account (you don't need to). Trading costs are reasonable, although they don't offer market depth for South Korea, so you have to use a separate website to look at the order book.

Transferring money was pretty easy (wire in), and from what I know, they accept US citizens too. Most other people shouldn't have a problem opening an account.

Here's the link:

https://www.boom.com/en/

Their website looks pretty old school compared to the US Brokers. Cluttered home page like it was built in 2001 and never updated!

There were a couple of active threads on buying Korean stocks and preferred shares, and the difficulty of buying shares.

Despite being based in Singapore, I've had problem accessing the market through an online brokerage. I've just opened, tested and bought Korean shares using Boom Securities (not affiliated to them in anyway).

They are based in Hong Kong, and are owned by the Monex Group in Japan. I actually took the trip down to their office in Hong Kong to open the account (you don't need to). Trading costs are reasonable, although they don't offer market depth for South Korea, so you have to use a separate website to look at the order book.

Transferring money was pretty easy (wire in), and from what I know, they accept US citizens too. Most other people shouldn't have a problem opening an account.

Here's the link:

https://www.boom.com/en/