Tardigrades: the only species on earth which loves AUSTERITY!!!!

giofranchi

Explanation: Is this an alien? Probably not, but of all the animals on Earth, the tardigrade might be the best candidate. That's because tardigrades are known to be able to go for decades without food or water, to survive temperatures from near absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water, to survive pressures from near zero to well above that on ocean floors, and to survive direct exposure to dangerous radiations. The far-ranging survivability of these extremophiles was tested in 2011 outside an orbiting space shuttle. Tardigrades are so durable partly because they can repair their own DNA and reduce their body water content to a few percent. Some of these miniature water-bears almost became extraterrestrials recently when they were launched toward to the Martian moon Phobos on board the Russian mission Fobos-Grunt, but stayed terrestrial when a rocket failed and the capsule remained in Earth orbit. Tardigrades are more common than humans across most of the Earth. Pictured above in a color-enhanced electron micrograph, a millimeter-long tardigrade crawls on moss.

--http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130306.html

;D ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

tardigrade_eyeofscience_960.thumb.jpg.240d1977ce427526f47a2293f4e5c516.jpg

it reminds me of Merkel...

;D ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

;D ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi

Not quite, but it is definitely an Angelaphile.  :)

(Actually, it reminds me of the infamous Naked ice borer discovered by Aprile Pazzo)  :)

Google: Aprile Pazzo Naked ice borer Discover Magazine

;D ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi

Not quite, but it is definitely an Angelaphile.  :)

(Actually, it reminds me of the infamous Naked ice borer discovered by Aprile Pazzo)  :)

Google: Aprile Pazzo Naked ice borer Discover Magazine

:)