SPAM EMAILS - not sure who got them

Smazz

I was just informed from a friend of mine that he recvd a spam email from my Smazz yahoo account. He said there was nothing in the subject line but that there was a link to a visualipd com and wordpress ext.

I apologize if anyone on this board got that one - if you were in my yahoo address book.

I dont know how they do these spam things but its a yahoo account so im thinking maybe theyve done this to other yahoo accounts.

Yahoo has seemed pretty good at catching spam but...

funny thing is I even got an email from me to me ::)

Sorry

P.S> SPAMMERS MUST DIEEEEEEE >:(

Guest Hester

Make sure you change your password, or they'll keep coming from your account.

really? crap!

I had a yahoo and GMAIL email account. The same thing happened to me only in my yahoo mail account. Something called shoppybag emailed all my contacts from my account. I changed the password and it stopped, but eventually deleted my yahoo account and just go with GMAIL. It is so much better with SPAM, I recommend it over yahoo.

Make sure you change your password, or they'll keep coming from your account.

really? crap!

I had a yahoo and GMAIL email account. The same thing happened to me only in my yahoo mail account. Something called shoppybag emailed all my contacts from my account. I changed the password and it stopped, but eventually deleted my yahoo account and just go with GMAIL. It is so much better with SPAM, I recommend it over yahoo.

Thanks,

the only thing is i like the way Yahoo is setup - better than GMAIL but i will def change the password.

changing your password is smart, but the problem may continue.

Once spammers get ahold of a real address that sends a lot of legitimate email, they can spoof that From: address and send out junk to anyone. This helps them get their junk past some of the spam filters, because they are using your legitimate, established email address that hasn't been flagged as a spam sender.  This is possible because email servers generally don't verify the sender, they just trust that the email in the from: field is really where it came from.  You can see an example of spoofed email when it says from: *@gmail.com  but when you look at the email header information it says that it was sent via yahoo.com servers.