I know this doesn’t mean anything, and is absolutely not repeatable, but…

giofranchi

It's possible to tell Gio this topic  is stupid without being offensive.

Also seen as a role model? Sure, but no-one who considers themself a value investor will take this topic as anything but a lighthearted feel good topic. Let's not take ourseles to seriously please.

Right now I am up 79% annualized. You should use a spell checker before posting  >:( >:( >:(.

Posting from my phone results in significantly more grammatical mistakes.

This is just a retarded topic and the fact that you are allowed to open topics like this doesn't mean you should. If you have 3000+ posts and manage your own company you are probably a bit of a role model for new posters and you should refrain from bragging about short-term results. It is childish, useless, encourages excessive risk taking and sets a bad example.

writser,

I have nothing against the idea that bragging about investment returns isn’t healthy. Actually I agree with that 100%!

My idea was simply to point out what I still consider an “anomaly” in the field of stock market investing… Saying it doesn’t mean a thing and is not repeatable exactly because I didn’t want to foster greedy behavior! Yet, I do agree with your idea…

The problem is the way you and tombgrt express your thoughts! The tone you use and the words you choose are the ones of:

1) Either a very ill-behaved person, or

2) A deeply insecure one

If on the other hand it is just the content of my posts that brings out the worst of you both, could you please simply ignore them from now on? ;)

Thank you!

Gio

I would also add that I think I am extremely transparent and clear about my way of investing and about my results.

Everybody who reads my posts knows exactly the companies I am invested in, probably also the percentages I have in each of them, the amount of cash I hold, and therefore could verify the returns by him/herself.

I think this might be very useful: I am not just another smart talking guy... Instead I provide anyone with the means to judge if my words are backed by actual results!

I’d guess this is not very common on a public online board. ;)

Gio