Dhandho Holdings!

Parsad

Mohnish is in advanced talks to close a purchase of a private insurer according to his latest letter.  After the initial financing of about $32M, Pabrai Funds will also put in about $70M+.  This is going to get very interesting!  Sorry, I cannot post the letter.  Cheers!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mohnish is in advanced talks to close a purchase of a private insurer according to his latest letter.  After the initial financing of about $32M, Pabrai Funds will also put in about $70M+.  This is going to get very interesting!  Sorry, I cannot post the letter.  Cheers!

When is your turn?

Intent is to take it public in 2015.  Will buy both marketable securities and private businesses.  Friendly, not activist. 

Initially will raise about $35M to acquire the insurer and add about $30M in surplus capital.  Has run zero-cost float for a long-time.  He and his family will put in at least $9M.

Cheers!

When is your turn?

Maybe 2014 or 2015.  No intent on getting involved with insurance, at least not in the early years.  Just a public company that will acquire both marketable securities and small private businesses.  Like Mohnish, will run congruent to MPIC Funds.  Cheers!

Best of luck to him.

An observation I've had.  Business owners who've started their own companies and grown them talk about the day they can sit back and just invest the money without operating a thing.  Investors/asset managers talk blissfully about the day they get to run a business and not just sit back and invest.  The grass is always greener!

If the prospectus shows a "Vice Chairman" and his name is Charlie I'm putting every penny I own into it.  ;D

I have an inkling that if that Vice Chairman title has anyone on it, it will probably be somebody whose name ends with "Spiers".  It would only make sense.  Cheers!

If the prospectus shows a "Vice Chairman" and his name is Charlie I'm putting every penny I own into it.  ;D

I have an inkling that if that Vice Chairman title has anyone on it, it will probably be somebody whose name ends with "Spiers".  It would only make sense.  Cheers!

Instead of saying "I have nothing to add to that", she can just say:

"yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

That's good news. :) Pabrai and others have plenty of popularity now with value investors all over the place. Good move. By going the public route they will have cheap access to permanent market capital as investors fight over their piece of stock.

Haha! I think he meant "Spier"; specifically this Spier:

I'm still in.  ;D

Not Brittney...Guy Spiers!  Sheesh!

That's good news. :) Pabrai and others have plenty of popularity now with value investors all over the place. Good move. By going the public route they will have cheap access to permanent market capital as investors fight over their piece of stock.

Also, initially it looks like Dhandho will be capitalized with about $150-200M, so alot of smaller companies targeted by activists, may decide that Pabrai is their Indian knight!  Cheers!