Tax-efficient compounders

Packer16

Does anyone have good names for these types of companies.  I have not been to concerned about taxes because I have been investing in tax advantaged accounts but I have some folks I am giving recommendations to that have taxable accounts.  I guess the benchmark here is BRK and FFH.

Packer

I like: BRK, MKL, FFH, BAM, LRE(maybe, lots of dividends), FRMO (high price now), LUK (although change in business due to switch over to handler).

Then there's the BH, GLRE, TPRE, L, and I'm missing one that starts with an A I think.

That's most of what I can think of.  Probably best to ask Gio.

Does anyone have good names for these types of companies.  I have not been to concerned about taxes because I have been investing in tax advantaged accounts but I have some folks I am giving recommendations to that have taxable accounts.  I guess the benchmark here is BRK and FFH.

Packer

Packer,

Would love to hear which ones you consider to be good compounders in a taxable account.  I think PRAA will fit the bill and will continue to grow nicely.  Love the management team there.

BLSH

Packer, for some reason I think you would like the Malone type companies because of your familiarity with cable/telco/media.  DTV, Starz, Discovery, and all the Liberties should be considered.  Although, you probably think they are expensive based on comps.  I'm starting to get very interested in DTV.

I like BRK, MKL, and LUK (although LUK pays a dividend). 

Race listed a bunch of others that people like.  I'm interested in any thoughts you have on the companies listed.

Also a few I am looking at: TDG, DHR, POST, CFX, DVA,

I would include also BH, ALS, LMCA, VRX, ENDP, TDG, GLRE, TPRE, and BAM. I know people disagree with me, but imo LRE fits the lot too. LRE is simply the most tax efficient special dividend paying company that I know of. It is amazing how much of the dividend received I get to reinvest! :)

Gio

• 1 month later...