Just back from a 4 days trip to Paris!

giofranchi

Among all the fine pieces of art I was able to look at closely, “Le Penseur” (The Thinker) by Auguste Rodin is by far the one the best fits the “mood” of this board! :)

The work shows a nude male figure at about life-size sitting on a rock with his chin resting on one hand as though deep in thought, and is often used as an image to represent philosophy

--WikipediA

Cheers!

Gio

Le_Penseur.jpg.76e10a66e4a9f3dbf21578c093d329e9.jpg

Hehe awesome Gio. Let me guess who you brought with you... ;)

I went to Paris as well for 4 days a month ago. Missed a few extra eyes to see it all! What else did you visit and what did you like best?

As a side note; I'm going to Thailand for 4 weeks in a month. If anyone has some tips, let me know!

Hehe awesome Gio. Let me guess who you brought with you... ;)

Your guess is just right!! ;D ;D ;D

Well… It has really been a “tour de force”…!! I am exhausted!!

Probably, what I liked the best is “Notre Dame”: to think that they started building it 850 years ago, and still is a majestic building… is truly impressive! The civil engineer that still lurks inside me cannot but cherish such an extraordinary accomplishment! ;)

Nice to hear you are visiting Thailand! Unfortunately, I have never been there, but it must be great! Enjoy your staying very much!

Cheers,

Gio

Welcome back Gio. I had the same feeling at the Doges Palace in Venice the first time I saw it. One of the halls had a map covering the walls of the world as they viewed it 900 years ago. Very little showed in the Americas. It was an odd feeling. Ron

Among all the fine pieces of art I was able to look at closely, “Le Penseur” (The Thinker) by Auguste Rodin is by far the one the best fits the “mood” of this board! :)

The work shows a nude male figure at about life-size sitting on a rock with his chin resting on one hand as though deep in thought, and is often used as an image to represent philosophy

--WikipediA

Cheers!

Gio

I can't imagine there is anyone on this board that anyone wants to see sitting nude on a rock head in hand.

tombgrt,

Bangkok is a very challenging city to navigate. Taking a bicycle tour in Bangkok was the best thing I did in the city in 2006. Biking in Bangkok sounds crazy but check out http://www.covankessel.com/ We biked through areas I would never have discovered on my own. The company was started by a Dutch guy named Co. Sadly, it looks like he passed away last year. Amazing guy and organization.