How old are you?

rkbabang
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Since this seems to be the week for polls. Here's another one.  My bet is 40s end up with the most votes, but I really have no idea.

Seems that the average age is significantly lower than your guess. Don't think it's that surprising since this is an internet forum after all.

Since this seems to be the week for polls. Here's another one.  My bet is 40s end up with the most votes, but I really have no idea.

Seems that the average age is significantly lower than your guess. Don't think it's that surprising since this is an internet forum after all.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

If the poll's to be believed we have at least one centenarian on here. I wonder if that is really the case or if maybe this is the same person who voted "Other" on the gender poll.

I'm also wondering whether the users that posted the jaw-dropping returns for this year have big or small portfolio's. I.e., if you are a student with 10k net assets I would guess it is easier to take a bit more risk and make >100% than if you're 40 and married with two kids.

Either way, if you keep compounding at these levels your portfolio should be big quite soon anyway :)

I'm also wondering whether the users that posted the jaw-dropping returns for this year have big or small portfolio's. I.e., if you are a student with 10k net assets I would guess it is easier to take a bit more risk and make >100% than if you're 40 and married with two kids.

Either way, if you keep compounding at these levels your portfolio should be big quite soon anyway :)

I'm 41 and married with two kids.  My portfolio isn't small, but it isn't Ericopoly-sized yet either.

Is someone on here really less than 13 or is that a joke?

I am really impressed if that is true. I had a fake stock account in junior high (I dont know what my criteria/philosophy was) and a small PA in highschool (still don't know if I had a process).

To the sub-13 year old... I hope you stick with it and the adventure of learning. You are off to a much better start than I was.

Is someone on here really less than 13 or is that a joke?

I am really impressed if that is true. I had a fake stock account in junior high (I dont know what my criteria/philosophy was) and a small PA in highschool (still don't know if I had a process).

To the sub-13 year old... I hope you stick with it and the adventure of learning. You are off to a much better start than I was.

This chap should start a Roth IRA.

Now, if he makes 70% annualized our 13 yr old will have this much at age 100 in his Roth IRA:

$111,958,265,066,587,594,584.00

That's for every single dollar invested today.

So what if he's already got $1,000 packed away? 

But he'll only have $8.18 billion if he makes 30% a year -- on $1 invested today, or $8.18 trillion total if he's already got $1,000 packed away.

Now, if he makes 70% annualized our 13 yr old will have this much at age 100 in his Roth IRA:

$111,958,265,066,587,594,584.00

That's for every single dollar invested today.

So what if he's already got $1,000 packed away? 

But he'll only have $8.18 billion if he makes 30% a year -- on $1 invested today, or $8.18 trillion total if he's already got $1,000 packed away.

I saved alot of money already on diapers by holding my shits.