Return calculation feature on Charles Schwab

gjangal

A newbie question, I use Charles Schwab (I am forced to use it by my employer) and they don't have portfolio performance like YTD , across years etc. I just see realized gains and unrealized gains against positions. Does anyone use Schwab here and can help me figure this out.

A newbie question, I use Charles Schwab (I am forced to use it by my employer) and they don't have portfolio performance like YTD , across years etc. I just see realized gains and unrealized gains against positions. Does anyone use Schwab here and can help me figure this out.

Schwab calculates all this for you - call them - and they will direct you to the page.

You can set an "inception date" - and see your rolling return calculation.

You can also see a "YTD" calculation.

If you have multiple accounts - they can be calculated individually and then totaled together.

These are the numbers I use, since it factors in withdrawals, deposits, etc.

Thank you cubsfan, bookie71

Its time to call them because I don't see any performance numbers.

I see Portfolio Performance has 4 tabs - Asset Allocation, Sector Diversification, Equity Concentration and Quality. If I select the portfolio, it gives me 12 month return of the stocks in my portfolio not my personal rate of return.

Yes, it took me quite a while to figure it all out. I did not even realize the capability

was there until about 3 years ago.

You can set the date timeframes, etc - and there are variations of the reports to get what you need.

If you have a local office, might help to spend an hour with them to help you set it up.

Good luck.